Consumer Affairs Manager
Diamond Foods is an innovative packaged food company focused on building, acquiring and energizing brands including Kettle Brand potato chips, Diamond of California culinary nuts, Emerald snack nuts, and Pop Secret popcorn. The Company’s products are distributed in a wide range of retail partners in North America as well as Europe and wholesale partners in 100 countries. The Company’s stock trades on NASDAQ under the symbol DMND.
This position is responsible for managing the communication between the consumer and Diamond Foods including responding to consumer questions and complaints; ensures that consumer interaction with our products and the company leads to the next purchase. This position also collects and analyzes information, and provides recommendations regarding consumer product quality performance and related tracking metrics. This position manages Consumer Affairs team members and reports to the Director of Quality and Food Safety.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the response protocols for consumer and retailer questions and complaints; directs resolution of related issues and responds to crisis situations.
- Responds directly to consumers via web, phone, mail, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Partner with various departments such as Quality and Food Safety, Finance and Operations to manage claims.
- Work with Public Relations to stay up to date on relevant company communications.
- Rapidly articulate crisis issues to Vice President of Operations and Director of Quality and Food Safety, and collaborate with Brand Leadership and Public Relations to respond to crisis issues.
- Develop and manage weekly, monthly and annual consumer complaint reduction reporting; analyze information and provide insight to improve product quality, consumer brand interactions and tracking metrics.
- Provide appropriate information to various departments so they can make decisions about product quality, plant performance, and other metrics.
- Supervises, trains and provides leadership to team members.
- Adhere to GMP’s, Standard Operating Procedures, and Safety Regulations consistently.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Interpersonal and team skills for working with employees at all levels within the company and externally
- Proficient with Excel spreadsheets and charting; effective skills in Microsoft office products and other required programs
- Proficient with customer relationship management (CRM) software (eg. Salesforce)
- Effective presentation and facilitation skills for leading meetings and teams.
- Prioritizing, organizing, delegating and using time efficiently
- Work with a high level of attention to detail orientation and accuracy
- Analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Effective English language literacy; oral and written communication skills
- Effective math skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Communicate and handle proprietary or confidential information
- Understand and consider company liability and legal issues
- Manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Provide insight and solution-oriented approaches to tasks and issues
- Listen, understand, and provide assistance to others
- Flexible and positive in a fast-paced environment that changes quickly
- Perform tasks independently and as part of a team to accomplish company goals
- Conflict resolution skills
- Work unusual hours as needed to accomplish job goals
- Physical Requirements include:
- Frequent sitting and repetitive motion with hands with dexterity to key board
- Frequent talking and use of telephone.
- Occasional standing, walking, and talking.
- Infrequent climbing, stooping, bending, reaching and turning/twisting.
- Infrequently exposed to an environment with high levels of seasoning dust and fumes, heat, humidity and moving machinery.
- Infrequent lifting of up to 30 pounds.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or similar field
- Minimum 4 years experience in customer service and/or consumer relations in a consumer packaged goods company; or equivalent
- Supervisor and/or proven leadership experience
- Experience using Salesforce is preferred
To apply please send resume to: email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our website at: www.diamondfoods.com for more information.
Diamond Foods is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Pre-employment drug testing and background check required
Diamond Foods Inc. does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Diamond Foods will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Diamond Foods, Inc.