Quality Assurance Process Lead – Salem, OR
Diamond Foods is an innovative packaged food company focused on building and energizing brands including Kettle® Chips, Emerald® snack nuts, Pop Secret® popcorn, and Diamond of California® nuts. Diamond’s products are distributed in a wide range of stores where snacks and culinary nuts are sold. For more information visit our corporate web site: www.diamondfoods.com.
The Quality Assurance Process Lead is responsible for supporting the plant quality assurance and food safety program. Responsibilities include auditing of plant quality systems such as SQF (Safe Quality Foods), HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points), GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), and SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures). Responsible for communication of food quality standards to plant personnel through training, quality audits, production and facility monitoring.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the development and maintenance of food safety and training programs and related training records
- Provide training on various quality and food safety topics to plant employees
- Complete changes to policies and programs within the document control system
- Update and publish Standard Operating Procedures.
- Monitor, support and enforce all food safety and quality processes and procedures as identified in provided documentation.
- Participate in monthly Food Safety Inspections.
- Ensures that all GMP standards are in compliance.
- Enter and analyze data to support quality and food safety metrics including Consumer and Customer Complaints, Foreign Material Program, Non-conforming Product & Pest Control
- Investigates customer complaints regarding quality.
- Conduct and execute test protocols to support continuous improvement projects and product investigations.
- Perform various administrative duties such as sample management, data entry, and shipping.
- Maintains an understanding of all products manufactured by the plant as well as the raw materials, packaging materials, and operations required in the manufacturing process including quality specifications and standards.
- Communicate with Warehouse, Production, Supply Chain, Sanitation, Maintenance, and R&D to help implement continuous improvement projects.
- Adhere to and uphold GMPs, Standard Operating Procedures, and Safety Regulations consistently.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Power Point, Excel, and Access.
- Understanding of food safety fundamentals such as HACCP and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Experience with food science, food processing techniques, processes, and measurements
- Working knowledge of a laboratory environment
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Write in a technical format and articulate to a broad audience.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and understand mathematical equations, especially basic statistical analysis.
- Interpersonal and team skills for working with employees at all levels within the company
- Able to accept and interpret direction competently and professionally
- Perform tasks independently and as part of a team to accomplish goals.
- Ability to actively listen, understand, and provide assistance to others.
- Effectively manages priorities to meet dynamic deadlines
- Self-motivated, flexible and positive in a fast-paced business environment
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Work in an environment with medium level safety risks.
- Work unusual hours as required to accomplish job tasks.
- English language literacy, including effective oral and written communication skills
- Physical Requirements include:
- Exposed frequently to an environment with high levels of seasoning dust and fumes, heat, humidity and moving machinery.
- Frequent sitting and repetitive motion with hands with dexterity to key board.
- Occasional standing, walking, and talking.
- Infrequent climbing, stooping, bending, reaching and turning/twisting.
- Infrequent lifting of up to 50 pounds.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or similar field and 1+ years of experience in food processing and/or quality assurance; or equivalent.
- Experience in laboratory testing and data collection
- Experience in a leadership and/or training role preferred; experience with Alchemy or other training software is a plus.
- Experience with GFSI standards is a plus.
To apply please send resume to: jobsOR@diamondfoods.com">jobsOR@diamondfoods.com, or visit our website at: www.diamondfoods.com for more information
Diamond Foods is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Pre-employment drug testing and background check required.
Diamond Foods Inc. does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Diamond Foods will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Diamond Foods, Inc.